At Transnetyx, our goal is to take care of all of your genotyping needs. Our Genetic Services team conducted a survey to collect the most common questions that our customers ask. The first topic we will cover are questions regarding strains.
1. Does Transnetyx genotype my strains or mutation?
- This process takes less than five minutes of your time! If a MGI Allele ID, MGI allele Symbol, or JAX ID is available for your strain, you can search our database to determine whether Transnetyx already has a stock assay available.
- If your strain is not available in our database, please fill out a Strain Information Form. This form allows us to review the necessary information to proceed with our free custom assay design process, if needed.
- Of course! If you would like to share strains with other lab members or colleagues you can send them through your Quick Order account. They can also rename the strain and accept/deny in their own account.
- When you login to your account, refer to the Create a Cross From My Strains feature and follow these instructions.
- To enter sequence information, please navigate to the My Strains drop-down menu and select Sequencing Requests. *Remember, the Sequencing RequestForm must be completed before sequencing can begin. If you have the sequence data already, you may click “I have sequence data for this strain” for each Sequencing Request.